Wednesday, January 6, 2016

8 THINGS NOT TO SAY TO A MOM OF 6



8 THINGS
NOT TO
SAY TO A
MOM OF 6


YOU HAVE HOW MANY???..... Perhaps it isn't just me or perhaps it is, but it seems like the more children you have the more bold people get with their questions and remarks. I have heard just about every question, sly remark, and down right ignorant comment there is. Yes, I know that having anymore than 3 kids these days is completely out of the ordinary and heaven forbid if you go past 4! Here are my top 8 worse possible things that I have been told in my journey of motherhood:


  1. "I only had 4, ONLY 4! 6 is just way too many"......... Oh really I'm sorry I didn't get that life memo that 6 kids was too many. Perhaps you can take one off my hands? You know lighten the burden on my shoulders. Now I wonder did you only have 4 because that's all you wanted or did your husband not want to be with you anymore? Of course the lady shut up pretty fast after I asked so we may never know the real reason she had only 4 kids, and she didnt take one of mine to lighten the load either (the nerve).
       2. "Do they all have the same Father?"... *Sigh* sadly enough I get this one all the time and I sadly haven't come up with a smart answer back to the people who ask. Although I have found that the truth surprises them enough to satisfy my enter "smarta**". Yes they all have the same Father.

       3. "I sure hope your married!".... As a matter of fact I am! And what if I'm not? Would it change anything? Would you somehow think anymore or less of me? In fact my husband is right over there (points to Danny who is standing only a few feet away)

     4. " You do know what causes that, Don't ya?"..... Swimming in a public pool? Am I right? Yup we know very well what causes "that" and by the way these are CHILDREN not "thats" or "things" or "those" CHILDREN!! Perhaps you don't know what causes pregnancies and that's why you are asking? Would you like me to draw a picture? or a live demonstration? (no one has taking us up on these offers) but they do however move ignorant people along quickly. (and no we wouldn't do a live demonstration!)

     5. "Well 2 have brown eyes and yours are blue"....... Thank you Captain obvious, I was unaware of my kids' eye colors. Yes 2 have brown eyes and mine are blue that is the beauty of genes. Some kids can look like the mother and some like their Father. Except that one, that child doesn't look like either of us and we believe the hospital gave us the wrong baby. No not really, she is a spitting image of my mom. Oh and by the way husband has brown eyes ;)

    6. "TWINS! You had twins?, I would never have twins!"......Really, I didn't have them my husband did. Its not like there was someone going "twins, who wants to have twins?" and I shouted "I volunteer as tribute", "I will have them". That's not how this all works. We were simply blessed to have them and all their siblings.

  7. "There's birth control out there; you know?"..... Yes, Yes I know there are tons of birth control out there, and if you look at my records you will see that I was on different types of birth control with my last 5 pregnancies. And it really is no ones business what we do in the privacy of our bedroom!

   8. "I sure hope one of you got or are getting "fixed"".....Why would you even ask this question, really? It is non of your business! I'm still working on a come back for this one since it has become a fairly common one now for us. I still get taken by surprise when we hear this one and have to control the urge to drop kick the person asking.

   There is my list of things you just don't ask or say to a mom of 6 (at least this momma). The way I see it, is the kids are happy, healthy, well cared for and Loved beyond measure. Danny and I wouldn't trade a single thing about any of them and we couldn't imagine life with out any of them.

6 comments:

  1. Oh man, I'm so sorry you experienced these questions! How awful! My "favorite", is "wow, you have your hands full." I want to snap back "no crap, maybe you can be nice and give me a hand loading the car!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually don't mind the hands full Comme t and reply with yes but it's a good full. However, I would love help loading and unloading g from people lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually don't mind the hands full Comme t and reply with yes but it's a good full. However, I would love help loading and unloading g from people lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I connected with you through Twitter and decided to pop on over and take a look at your blog. I have 5 kids and yes I love the drop jaw looks I often get. I say as long as you can afford them all, have as many as you want! I knew for my own sanity that I was done after having my last one at 39....on my 39th birthday as a matter of fact. So hubby got snipped. Carry on about your life! 💌Trista, http://domesticatedmomster.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the support and follows :) always good to hear from my fellow big family mommas!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the support and follows :) always good to hear from my fellow big family mommas!

      Delete